Find A Local Dealer
A fiberglass construction, the Serenade is designed for those looking
for easy paddling in a relatively lightweight, cost-effective,
low-maintenance boat. This hybrid solo canoe merges the best attributes of a
canoe with the best attributes of a kayak. While the hull and gunwales mirror that of a typical
canoe, the unique seating system speaks to its kayak inspiration.
Bridging the gap between a small, easy-portaging pack canoe and a solo
hull, the Serenade is stable, comfortable, easy to paddle and
cost-effective, providing an option for recreational paddlers who prefer
to go solo.
At 13 feet, the shallow-vee asymmetrical hull is very stable and versatile. The open canoe design makes loading and unloading quick and easy. Truly an innovation for the hybrid canoe sector, the unique seating system comes with standard adjustable footbraces, leg-lifter support and innovative adjustability in a reclining seat for all-day comfort on the water. The seat is also removable, so it can double as outdoor seating on the shore.
The Serenade paddles most efficiently in protected waters like ponds, small lakes and marshes that are not likely to be exposed to wind and chop. For casual outings of fishing, photography, bird-watching or just cruising, the Serenade is the grab-and-go solo hybrid canoe for recreational paddlers.
||42 lbs/19 kg
||Asymmetrical hull, CSS with leglifter, Thwarts (2), Wood carry handles
||45 lbs/20 kg
||Asymmetrical hull, CSS with leglifter, Thwarts (2), Wood carry handles, Extended slotted wood gunwales
* Price shown is suggested retail price, net not including taxes. Prices in your market may vary due to currency, VAT, and other taxes. Prices subject to change without notice.
- Predictable handling
- Can be paddled in reverse for better trim with adult/child paddlers or solo paddler
- Slower than swede-form hull
- Most versatile hull cross section
- Highest final stability
- Superior rough water performance
- Better tracking
- Superior rigidity for increased hull efficiency
- Can be “tuned" (track: paddle straight up; maneuver: lean hull into turn)
- Wear concentrated at point of Vee
- Lower initial stability
- Slower than shallow arch in calm conditions
Our fiberglass lay-up offers value, durability and efficiency. Behind the outer skin of abrasion resistant gel-coat are multiple layers of fiberglass cloth. Full layers of cloth are selectively reinforced by partial layers to provide the necessary stiffness for paddling efficiency without any excess weight. Vinylester resin provides a balance of strength and flexibility to the hull for durability and longevity. Fiberglass can be shaped into the sharp ends and subtle curves, making it one of the most efficient hull materials on the market.
Recommended Products from Our Affiliates