Find A Local Dealer
Explorer Aramid Hybrid
Innovative materials enhance the timeless design of the Explorer, creating a sleeker, faster, more responsive and efficient hull that provides more stimulating performance for just about any paddler. A sophisticated hybrid layup of aramid, fiberglass, carbon, and core is shielded by a tough gel coat and formed into the moderately rockered shallow vee hull, providing the balance of efficiency and seaworthiness that has become the hallmark of the Explorer. This canoe is expedition-proven and expedition-worthy but fully accommodating for the family, the fisherman, or any aspiring paddler new to the sport. The Explorer KX is one of those rare canoes that can satisfy the most discerning paddler but also welcomes the developing canoeist.
Read more about the Explorer Aramid Hybrid from 'The Expert'.
Extended slotted wood gunwales available 9/1/2013
||54 lbs/24 kg
||Contoured web seats, Contoured portage yoke, Shaped ash carry handles
||57 lbs/26 kg
||Contoured cane bow seat, Cane bucket stern seat, Contoured portage yoke, Shaped ash carry handles, Extended slotted wood gunwales
* Price shown is suggested retail price, net not including taxes. Prices in your market may vary due to currency, VAT, and other taxes. Prices subject to change without notice.
Aramid Hybrid Fibers
- good resistance to abrasion
- good resistance to organic solvents
- good fabric integrity at elevated temperatures
- para-aramid fibers such as Kevlar and Twaron, provide outstanding strength-to-weight properties
- high tenacity