Find A Local Dealer
The Expedition 176 has the speed, capacity, and seaworthiness to excel on open water but is sized to offer balanced handling for when the journey leads into smaller lakes and twisting streams. Light-weight composite construction makes portages easy while still providing solid durability.
With beautiful aesthetics and a crisp feeling from every stroke it's the rewarding experience discerning paddlers expect – and have earned. Well-sized for handling and maneuverability, the Expedition 176 gets through tight spots while maintaining acceleration and efficiency yet also excels on open water.
Extended slotted wood gunwales available 9/1/2013
||60 lbs/27 kg
||Contoured web seats, Contoured portage yoke, Tripping thwart, Adjustable stern ash footbrace, Cane bucket stern seat, Shaped ash carry handles, Thermoformed polyethylene decks
||63 lbs/29 kg
||Sliding contoured cane bow seat, Contoured portage yoke, Tripping thwart, Adjustable stern ash footbrace, Cane bucket stern seat, Shaped ash carry handles, Extended slotted wood gunwales
||$250 - $270
* Price shown is suggested retail price, net not including taxes. Prices in your market may vary due to currency, VAT, and other taxes. Prices subject to change without notice.
- Enhanced forward speed
- Enhanced glide
- Can't be paddled backwards without some performance degradation in speed and glide
- Can be wet when paddling into waves
- Most versatile hull cross section
- Highest final stability
- Superior rough water performance
- Better tracking
- Superior rigidity for increased hull efficiency
- Can be “tuned" (track: paddle straight up; maneuver: lean hull into turn)
- Wear concentrated at point of Vee
- Lower initial stability
- Slower than shallow arch in calm conditions
Kevlar ® KX
Mad River Canoe has been building canoes of Kevlar aramid fiber longer than anyone else, so we know it well. Used to make body armor, Kevlar boasts a tensile strength 5 times stronger than steel and tremendous impact absorption and tear resistance. Over the years we've combined the best attributes of Kevlar and a hybrid composite matrix containing fiberglass, graphite and core material to build the most durable canoes per pound available.
Recommended Products from Our Affiliates