Expedition 186cx Limited Edition
The Mad River Canoe Expedition 186cx
This model is no longer in production.
Features our signature shallow V-shaped hull, a swedeform asymmetric profile for maximum paddling efficiency and speed, complemented by significant flare above the waterline for dryness and lift. Additional design enhancements include a filigree deck detail that reduces weight and ensures faster drainage, a tripping thwart for added structural support and stiffness, and a lighter slotted gunwale system.
The most salient enhancement is the sliding bow seat, allowing you to trim the boat with varying load and paddlers for the most effective and efficient performance in varied conditions. Able to carry substantial gear while maintaining a rapid pace, the Expedition also excels as a comfortable, yet high performance, cruising hull when unburdened.
The one last detail that makes the Expedition truly unique: the iconic Mad River Canoe bunny logo is embossed in the hull, visible between the yoke and the stern seat.
Length: 18'6" / 564 cm
Gunwale Width: 34" / 86 cm
Width@4" Waterline: 34" / 79 cm
Maximum Width: 34" / 86 cm
Depth at Center: 14.5" / 37 cm
Depth at Bow: 20.5" / 52 cm
Depth at Stern: 18.8" /48 cm
Bow Rocker: 2.25" / 6 cm
Stern Rocker: 1.25" / 3 cm
Capacity: 1250 lbs / 568 kg
Weight: 45 lbs / 21 kg
- V-shaped, swedeform asymmetric hull
- Custom slotted gunwale system
- Bow (sliding) and stern cane bucket seats
- Contoured portage yoke
- Stern footbrace system
- Stainless steel, corrosion-resistant hardware
- Vinylester Resin for added impact resistance
- Carbon/Kevlar fabric delivers both stiffness and durability
- Foam core adds additional stiffness
- Fiberglass surface layer provides abrasion resistance and protects the carbon and carbon/Kevlar fabrics from wear
- Clear Gel Coat seals and adds luster to the finish
Retail Price: $ 4,000 USD
This model is no longer available for purchase.